STEPHEN MINISTRY IS
- A confidential outreach program In which trained volunteers provide emotional and spiritual support to parishioners challenged by a life difficulty.
- a vehicle for linking parishioners with community resources.
- a means of training parishioners to skillfully support one another.
- an expression of God's love that can turn crisis into opportunity.
YOUR STEPHEN MINISTERS
- have a heart for helping those in need.
- express God' love by caring for and serving others.
- are ready to serve after completing an initial fifty hours of training in caring ministry skills.
- are regularly supervised under the guidance of trained Stephen leaders.
- meet with you regularly and dependably to offer Christian support.
- are committed to preserving the CONFIDENTIAL nature of the caring relationship. Those receiving care can be sure that their identity and shared experiences will remain private.
- receive 50 hours of training
- are required to submit an application and interview with Stephen Leaders
- attend bi monthly supervision meetings
- receive continuing education and skills building throughout their years of service.
STEPHEN MINISTERS SUPPORT THOSE
- struggling with depression or loneliness.
- who are recently hospitalized.
- individuals and families facing serious or terminal illness.
- grieving due to a death or other loss.
- experiencing a problem pregnancy, birth or adoption.
- separated or divorced and their families.
- facing a difficult life transition.
- challenged by a job loss, business or financial crisis.
- experiencing spiritual crisis.
- needing the support of a caring Christian friend.
- ...and more.
CONFIDENTIAL PHONE LINE: 310-545-8244