“[We are called to be] holy and loving families to protect the beauty and truth of the family in God’s plan”
- Pope Francis
Since God gave us the family as a source for human life and dignity, the Life and Family Ministry provides opportunities for every member of the parish to participate in community engagement, education and fellowship activities to support Life, Dignity, Faith and Family.
Life and Dignity
- Abortion & Crisis Pregnancy: Supporting Pro-life causes in our local community.
- Post- Abortion Healing: We provide resources for counseling and support groups for healing from abortion.
- Human Trafficking Awareness: Education about stopping Human Trafficking and support organizations getting youth off of the streets.
- Exceptional Children: Support special needs organizations and to connect families that have Special Needs Children.
- Elder Care and End of Life: Visiting elder care facilities and providing education about End of Life Issues.
Faith and Family
- Adoption & Foster Care: Provides resources for anyone considering adoption or fostering, also education and service opportunities to aid foster children and their families.
- Natural Family Planning: Educate couples on their own fertility in order to provide reliable Family Planning while enriching married intimacy and following God’s plan for marital union.
- Miscarriage & Stillbirth: Supporting families who have experienced the pain of miscarriage or stillbirth to help one another in healing.
- Women's Study Group: Spiritual study and fellowship for discovering our mission in the world as daughters of God.
- St. Joseph’s Fathers: Father’s come together to support one another in spiritual growth and what it means to be a good father.
- Fellowship Events: Fun, Fellowship, and Faith Formation ideas for all ages to provide support and grow in our Catholic Faith Life.
There are many ways to become involved and share your time, talent and treasure. Volunteers are always needed to support this dynamic ministry. We do not ask that our volunteers actively participate in all areas of the ministry but rather select the areas that are closest to their heart.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic many areas of our ministry are not currently active. But we are looking for support on getting all areas of the ministry back up and running. We welcome new projects and inspire parishioners to help lead them.
Current Ministry Activities:
Supporting Women in Crisis Pregnancy
In support of our partner, the Pregnancy Help Center, our parish actively participates in the Baby Bottle Drive and Walk for Life South Bay fundraisers. The Baby Bottle fundraiser is held in January at American Martyrs outside of Mass. The Walk for Life is a Saturday in May and walks the beautiful Redondo Beach Strand.
40 Days for Life is a focused, 40-day, prayer vigil outside a Planned Parenthood or other abortion facility in our community. It is a peaceful and educational presence. We hold two 40 Days for Life events a year, one in late Sept through October honoring Respect Life Month and then again during Lent.
Supporting Foster Care Children
In support of our partner Olive Crest, our parish actively participates in the Foster Children Easter Basket Drive. The Foster Children Easter Basket Drive collects basket items during Lent and then assembles the baskets on the annual parish Day of Volunteering (Saturday of Palm Sunday).
Faith and Family Events
Quarterly themed events for all parishioners to have fun, fellowship and grow in our faith. Themes will celebrate feast days and help bring faith to home. There will be dinner as well as games, activities and a children’s movie. Everyone is welcome!
Women’s Study Group
The Endow Curriculum calls women together to study the lives of the Saints and important documents of the Catholic Church. Through Endow groups, women encounter their identity as daughters of God, enabling them to grow in their faith and excel in their mission in life.
Adoption | Foster All
Adoption | OliveCrest
Birthmother Support | Brave Love
Digital Outreach / PS | Options United
PHC Support | Storkbuses
Pregnancy Support | Claris Health
Pregnancy Support | Harvest Home
Pregnancy Support | Los Angeles Pregnancy Services
Pregnancy Support | Pregnancy Help Center Torrance
Sidewalk Outreach | Sidewalk Advocates
Sidewalk Outreach & Education | 40 Days for LifeDigital
Outreach & Education | Live Action
Campus Outreach & Education | Students for Life Association (SFLA)
Legal Support | Thomas More Society
Legal Support | Life Legal Defense Fund
Policy & Advocacy | Faith & Liberty
Policy & Advocacy | Pro-Life Action League
Policy & Advocacy | California Prolife Council
Abortion Healing | Project Rachel
Abortion Healing | By Your Side LA
Abortion Healing | Rachel's Vineyard
Abortion Healing | Silent No More
Abortion Healing | Deeper Still
Abortion Healing - Workers | Then There Were None