The Family to Family project is an annual tradition at American Martyrs where we help support families in need from our sister parish, St. Lawrence of Brindisi in Watts. Without us, they may not have a Christmas meal or gifts for their families. This program is based on financial need, and the families are interviewed by staff members of the St. Lawrence parish.
Download 2022 Family to family Flyer Make a Donation
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Choose a family to sponsor:
- Purchase GIFTS for their wish list, AND scrip for their Thanksgiving meal, OR
- Buy SCRIP gift cards for their wish list, AND scrip for their Thanksgiving meal.
- Make a straight donation of Scrip gift cards or cash.
- Scrip gift cards can be purchased at the Scrip.etc desk (the desk will also collect the cards on behalf of F2F)
- Cash or check (payable to American Martys Church with "Family to Family" in the memo) can be donated at the Family to Family sign-up tables or at the Welcome Center desk.
- Online donations can be made here.
Download the flyer above for recommended amounts for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, and for presents, stockings and family gifts.
- Friday, November 11 by 4pm - Thanksgiving cards and scrip (write family # on the envelope) are due to the Welcome Center.
- Friday, December 9, 11am-4pm and Saturday, December 10, 7:30-10:30am - Drop-off bags of gifts to the ODH parking lot.
- Wrap all gifts with recipient name on presents (also include family # on each item);
- Put all gifts in the bags provided at sign-up (extra bags at the Welcome Center);
- Include a Christmas card with scrip for a Christmas meal in the bags
- Write family number on all bag labels.
If you have sponsored a family in the past, you know that the gift is truly given back to you by the project.
We thank you for your generosity, participation and contribution – may you continue to experience all of God’s blessings throughout the holiday season and always.
Michelle & Kurt Neesley and Carrie & Brad Herrema
Family to Family Co-Chairs