The Annual Christmas Project is a parish tradition that brings our faith community together to collect wish-list items that are, in turn, distributed to various local organizations who serve less fortunate families at Christmas.
It is an opportunity for all parishioners to share the joy of giving with those who might not otherwise receive Christmas gifts, or families that might not have a decent meal on the table on Christmas Day.
Beginning November 14 & 15
Pick a gift tag from the Angel Tree outside of the Welcome Center to donate a Christmas gift for a child.
Gifts can also purchased online thru Amazon and shipped directly to the Welcome Center.
Drop-Off Weekend, Sat Dec 5, 11am-2pm and Sun Dec 6, 2pm-4pm
- Curbside Gift Collection (collect gift donations from cars)
- Gift Sorting (sort gifts by family number)
- Gift Distribution (bag gifts by family number)
- Cleanup (clear tables, trash, supplies, tie up family bags)
- Curbside Food Collection (collect food donations from cars)
- Food Transport (move food donations from collection area to food drive bins & down the stairs to lower parking lot)
- Food Stocker (stock lockers with food donations)
December 12 & 13 - WRAP-UP WEEKEND
Sat Dec 12, 1pm-4pm and Sun, Dec 13, 8am-1pm
- Setup Wrapping Stations (move gifts and supplies to lower parking lot)
- Food Sorting (sort nonperishable food and toiletries for distribution)
- Wrapping (wrap a family’s bag of gifts: 1 group of 2-6 within the same social distancing bubble)
- Cleanup (sweep, clear tables, wrapping supplies, trash, etc.)
Who receives the collected items?
The Christmas Project serves local families in need. Organizations that help us distribute the gifts are groups such as St. Margaret’s Center that serve local families who have requested assistance and local schools within the LA archdiocese. Food and toiletries are donated to the St. Lawrence of Brindisi food pantry and the Downtown Women’s Center.
For more information, call Lory Zimnoch, 310-561-3702.
If you know of a Parish or South Bay family in need, please contact