Video Broadcast Technician P/TBack
American Martyrs is seeking a motivated and flexible, Part-time Video and Audio Broadcast Technician.
The Video and Audio Broadcast Technician independently performs technical duties in support of a variety of live and streaming parish and school events, including weekday and weekend Masses, Weddings, Funerals and special events. Experience in operating state of the art video and audio equipment is ideal.
If you are tech savvy and a quick learner, this position will provide an opportunity for you to train, practice and become proficient in the basics of video and audio production.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Bob Visty at
American Martyrs is a dynamic Catholic community in Manhattan Beach that is seeking a motivated and flexible, part-time Video Broadcast Technician. The Video Broadcast Technician independently performs technical duties in support of a variety of live and streaming parish and school events, including weekday and weekend Masses, Weddings, Funerals and special events.
Experience operating state of the art video and audio equipment would be ideal, but not necessary. If you consider yourself tech savvy and a quick learner, this position will provide an opportunity for you to train, practice and become proficient in the basics of video and audio production.
The Video Broadcast Technician will:
- Operate video capture equipment, remote PTZ cameras and camera support equipment
- Operate basic Audio gear, including, microphones, transmitters, receivers and mixers
- Coordinate with appropriate supervisory personnel and other Audio and Video Technicians for any special programming and/or requests
- Follow specific production and broadcast plans and implement effective program procedures
- Have strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Be able to train, evaluate and motivate other technicians, volunteers and students; and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and staff.
For your information our current production equipment includes:
- MAC operating system and associated software programs used in video production.
- Audio mixing consoles, specifically, familiarity with Yamaha QL5 and Behringer X32 mixers and interfaces
- Shure microphones, transmitters and receivers
- ProPresenter Graphics processor on MAC OS
- Spotify and YouTube interfaces
- Black Magic Design production equipment and software
- Videohub 40x40 router,
- ATEM Television Studio 4K8 Live Production Switcher,
- ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel,
- UltraStudio 4K Mini Thunderbolt 3 Capture & Playback,
- Panasonic AW-RP150-Camera ControllerExtron router interface
- AJA HELO Plus Advanced H.264 Streaming and Recording Device
- Vimeo livestream interface, settings and functions
- Decimator Design MD-HX HDMI/SDI Cross Converter
Part time; 10-20 hours a week, including weekends.
- $18 -$22 per hour
The rate of pay offered to the selected candidate is based on internal pay policy and budget. New hires are commonly paid at the minimum of the wage range or within the lower part of the range. We consider a number of factors when making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience, training and other department needs.