AMYM Confirmation Program
American Martyrs Confirmation program seeks to provide high school teenagers with the theological and spiritual foundation that will inspire them to live their faith with courage and zeal.
Our Confirmation program SEALED. consists of a minimum of two years in faith formation.
Any teen in high school who has been baptized is welcome to begin preparation for this Sacrament.
Our once a month Sunday afternoon gatherings begin at 3:30pm and will end at 6:00pm.
- Gather for a large group activity and message to introduce the afternoon's topic
- Engage in small group discussion with peers, guided by an adult Core leader
- Complete their online supplemental material prior to each class
- Turn in the parent/teen reflection paper when they come to class
Mass will conclude SEALED. classes. Small groups will walk together to their assigned seats in the church before Mass begins.
The Confirmation curriculum established by the Archdiocese of Los Angeles provides the requirements and scope and sequence of the lessons for each of the SEALED. Year 1 and Year 2 classes.
SEALED. Program Requirements
- All candidates must attend two years of Confirmation Preparation. There are 8 sessions throughout each academic year. Candidates are required to attend ALL meetings with no absences. (If candidates struggle with attendance, families will be asked to meet with Fr. Rick Prindle to discuss moving forward in formation.)
- All candidates will complete monthly readings from the YouCat, answer a reflection prompt for teens only, and complete a parent & teen reflection before attending monthly meetings.
- All Candidates must complete 5 hours of Parish Service and submit their Parish Service Reflection Form. (Parish service is performed through an American Martyrs ministry.)
- All candidates are required to participate in and attend Mass as an integral part of each SEALED. session.
- All candidates and parents will complete a one-page reflection together based off of a provided prompt (found online in the monthly lesson) before each SEALED. session.
- Year 1 candidates must attend ONE Life Night of their choice during their first year of formation.
Year 2 candidates must attend a SEALED. Confirmation Retreat or attend another approved retreat experience during the Year 2 Confirmation process.
- Year 1 candidates and parents will complete an entrance interview before the formation year begins.
Year 2 candidates will interview with an Adult Core member at the end of the SEALED. program. This helps the team and candidate to discern the growth of the candidate throughout the two-year process. (Sign-up information for the interview will be included in the monthly emails.)
DIRECTOR OF YOUTH MINISTRY: Monica Leon